The SPL SMC - Surround Monitor Controller is a one-point analog volume control and switching matrix for system-independent 5.1 surround and stereo monitoring for essentially any audio application:
- Surround and stereo production
- DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD and DTS authoring
- Film and video postproduction
- Video and game production
- A/V and multimedia production
- Audiophile home entertainment systems
The advantages of the SMC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools™, Nuendo™, Cubase™, Logic™, Deck™ etc.
One of the SMC's biggest advantages is the possibility to manage several input sources, i. e. for comparing and monitoring SACD or DVD material.